Give the gift of creativity and connection to young people who have experienced trauma, loss, and disconnection. Help us complete our Mobile Recording Studio sprinter van and drive empowering arts programs and wraparound services to young people in incarceration facilities, group homes, schools, and at festivals. Say yes and be our valentine today!
Read on to learn more...
Many of our youth struggle with chaotic family systems, destructive behavioral patterns, mental health issues, incarcerated parents, and violent neighborhoods. And our programs are designed to disrupt cycles of poverty, violence, and incarceration. In fact, over 90% of the young people in our Justice Services programs do not reoffend, instead investing their time in creative projects and working with staff to remove barriers to education and employment. Our Digital Arts and Technology program specifically engages young people as valued partners: artists, musicians, creators, and trusted leaders of our creative community. They are empowered to make music, connect to employment, engage in creative self-expression, learn new skills, and develop self-efficacy while positively impacting their local communities.
This van will literally be a vehicle for change, transformation, and love in the lives of our young people!
What's included in the build-out?
• a retractable awning and pop-up stage for outdoor performances
• an eco-friendly solar battery system that would allow us to power up without cords
• a sound-proof mixing room
• a sound-proof live recording area with ceiling-suspended mic stands
• a fold-away desk for beatmaking when the recording room is not in use
• an outdoor songwriting desk
• rear storage area to store stools, amps, cables, instruments
• most valuable components will be removable, so we can safely secure the vehicle each night!
Studio Interior Plan